Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) has embarked on an ambitious project to connect the Noida International Airport (NIA) in Jewar to the Sector-21 Film City and further to Pari Chowk in Greater Noida through a Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) system.
Noida PRT Project: Connecting Jewar Airport to Pari Chowk
• The project aims to create a state-of-the-art Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) system, which will use small, automated electric ‘pod cars’ to offer a taxi-like service for individuals or small groups of travelers.
• This project is initiated by the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA).
• The PRT system will span at least 25 kilometers, connecting Noida International Airport in Jewar to Greater Noida’s Pari Chowk via Sector-21 Film City.
• The project is estimated to be completed by the end of 2024, coinciding with the launch of the first phase of the Noida International Airport.
• The estimated cost of the project is Rs 641.53 crore (approximately $85 million USD).
• The project is to be executed on a Design, Build, Finance, Operate, and Transfer (DBFOT) basis.
• The alignment of the PRT system begins from the crossroad of Sector-20 and Sector-21, along a 100-meter-wide road, and includes 12 stations en route until it reaches Jewar International Airport.
• Key station locations include: Film City, Rabupura village, Sector 34, Toy Park, Apparel Park, Sector 29, MSME Park, and Handicraft Park, among others.
• The pod taxi connectivity will not only provide a non-stop transport link with the Film City from the international airport but will also significantly enhance connectivity to various sectors like Sector-21, 28, 29, 32, 33, 34, and 35 in the region.
• This project is envisioned as a crucial step towards ensuring seamless and modern transport facilities for the residents of Greater Noida, as well as for traveler’s using the Noida International Airport.